Fair Specimens of Citizen Soldiers
Ronaldus Secundus sent this in under the subject line, “Not sure what is wrong with this.”
I’ll let you weigh in!
Says on the PowerPoint slide itself that it’s a “model.” In other words, a thinkpiece. LTC Dooley is to be commended for assembling and presenting well-reasoned material that challenges his students to THINK.
1) He states it is a model right at the start.
2) The Crusades WERE a response to years of Persian and Muslim invasion
3) 10% of the world’s Muslims DO hate everything we stand for because we refuse to submit to their religion. That still leaves 90% that while maybe not liking us are also not trying to destroy us. Heck, the same could be said about some of our own politicians…
All in all I don’t see what is wrong with the course itself, I’ve heard similar things said about Catholics and Jews and rarely ever hear any outcry. What’s the difference?
It’s a model to teach at the War College. It’s as genuine as a Taliban-man’s tears as he executes a woman.